Pushing Through Full Moon Shenanigans

This week has been so draining.  I blame it on the full moon.🌚 *singing Jamie Foxx Blame It  but changing the word alcohol to moon* Sing it...it'll make you chuckle πŸ˜‚, if nothing else. lol But really, full moons can definitely be a trigger for migraines, chronic pain and honestly, health in general. It has the ability to affect your sleep, behavior...etc.  My migraines haven't been too bad this week but other things have been making up the slack.

When you have a herniated disc in your lower lumbar, it can cause sporadic swelling in your legs and feet. Well Sunday morning, I was walking out of my den and stepped down and went to step back up into the kitchen and it felt like my ankle wanted to give out on me. Even though that sounds terrible, to me, that sounds normal. When I was younger, I played basketball and sprained my ankles a numerous amount of times. As a result of that, my ankles sometimes will roll over without warning. I didn't pay it much attention and just chalked it up to that. The next morning, I woke up and my ankle was sore and tender to touch and extremely swollen. I wrapped it up because I had to go to work. I took a ibuprofen and kept it moving. I was in so much pain and had to work a full 8 hour shift on my feet constantly moving. Needless to say, by the time I got home, I wanted to scream. The next day the swelling went down a bit but it was still sore. I worked another shift on my feet once again and you would think that would deter me from exercising, but it didn't. I chose not to go to the gym, but to work out at home instead and to abbreviate my workout as well. 

That takes me up to Wednesday, my day off....WOOOOOOHOOOOO. No Woohoo...πŸ˜’ I have to get up at 4:30 am and sometimes earlier for work, so on my days off, I like to sleep in until around 9:00 am. Well, I am laying in bed and I can't get back to sleep. My honey is hogging the blankets and has me on the corner of the bed. So, I say "Babe, scoot over"...he scoots over a couple inches. I could have bopped him right then lol Instead, I try to go back to sleep. But, no my body thinks it is supposed to be at work and makes it impossible. I grab my pillows and go lay in the den and watch The Fresh Prince of Bel Air at 5:45 in the morning. I eventually fell back asleep around 7ish for like an hour but that was it. The rest of the day, I felt so drained. I didn't have much energy or motivation to do anything. Around noon, I thought maybe a nap would help but I never took one. I cleaned up my house and cooked dinner. I cooked a quick dinner of stuffed green peppers with ground turkey,brown rice,salsa and cheese. I think I might make a recipe blog post because it is SO yummy and easy to make. 

Despite being extremely tired from working today and my ankle still being a little sore, I still went to the gym. The sad part is, I knew that working out was going to trigger a migraine. But, I feel like this is where I weigh the pros and cons. Before my workout today, I weighed myself and realized that I reached my goal of losing 40 lbs. That was my motivation to work out today and every day that I can. I used to be able to work out everyday and do all sorts of exercises. Well, now that my back has gotten worse, it has limited me to certain types of exercises but I STILL EXERCISE!πŸ’ͺ My ankle is still tender but today I STILL EXERCISED!!πŸ’ͺ I knew that if I worked out, it was going to trigger a migraine but guess what, I STILL EXERCISED!!!!πŸ’ͺ I am sitting here now with my diffuser going with rosemary, eucalyptus and lavender oil. It is just about my bedtime, but I wanted to get this article done. The full moon definitely threw me some whammies amongst life itself this week, but I handled it like a true warrior does. 
Sometimes, we have all the reasons in the world to give up, but we have to find just one to keep pushing on, within our limits of course! Have a blessed evening.

Comments

Popular Posts