Essential oils..Natures hidden secret

One of my favorite alternative medicines to use is essential oils. An essential oil is a liquid that is generally distilled from different parts of a plant such as its leaves,stems,bark...etc. It contains the very essence of its plant. 

There are three ways to use an oil. You can smell them, apply them or eat them. When it comes to smelling them, you have a couple of options. You can put a few drops in your hand and smell them directly or you can put them in a special device called a diffuser that sprays a fine mist into the air. With applying them, please do not use a raw essential oil as it may irritate your skin. They should be mixed with carrier oils such as coconut or sweet almond. As far as ingestion, you can put a few drops in your food or drink.

Choosing the right oils to use can be very overwhelming but you just need to know what you want to use it for. I have about 7 oils that I use on a daily basis. I try to learn about and incorporate a new oil each month. I think that each month as I learn about a new oil, I will write a blog post about it. The main 7 oils I use are lavender,lemon, sweet orange, peppermint, rosemary, tea tree, and eucalyptus. Below, I am going to list a few general uses for each of my favorite oils.

LAVENDER




LEMON




SWEET ORANGE




PEPPERMINT




ROSEMARY




EUCALYPTUS





TEA TREE


There are a million ways to use each type of essential oil. Do a little bit of research and find what's best for you. If you have any questions about how I specifically use each oil, leave it in the comment box below.

Comments

Popular Posts