I'm Back!!!


Wow, it sure has been a long time since I've last posted an article. I recently had my son in July. He came 3 and a half weeks early. I had to have a c section and because of my osteoarthritis of my spine, thinned discs and other back issues,they couldn't do the spinal block so I had to be put to sleep. That was so scary. I don't like needles at all and he had to continuously stick me in my back because he was having difficulty finding a spot. When they told me that I was going to have to go under, I was petrified. My Mom said that when she walked in,all she saw was blood dripping down my back. So that definitely wasn't a pleasant experience. Nonetheless,seeing my son and holding him after I woke up made it all worth it.
Konor is currently 4 months old and is doing spectacular. I am breastfeeding and our journey is going well. I struggled at first,but I had an amazing lactation consultant at the hospital. Adjusting to my new life has been a rollercoaster of emotions.
I wish that I could say that my migraines improved post partum but they haven't. To be honest,I've actually experienced them more often lately and have symptoms that I haven't had in years. I didn't usually get nauseous with the migraines, but recently I have been. Unfortunately, since I am breastfeeding, there isn't alot that I can take. I am so cautious about things been passed through my milk. I'm on a search to find a new neurologist so that I can be reevaluated because this pain is becoming more and more unbearable.
I hope that I can begin to post more articles since my life is starting to normalize somewhat...Lol  I do find that even though I'm in constant pain, I somehow find the strength to carry on. It shows my son that his Mommy is a warrior. She is the Chronic Migraine Queen! 👑💜👑 💜

Comments

Popular Posts