Migraine & Headache Awareness Month

Wow it has been a couple of months since my last blog...Sorry, life happens! Lol
June is Migraine and Headache Awareness Month. This is the month that we are to share knowledge, spread awareness and show support! That can be done in so many ways! I have posted articles,pictures, and  suggestions on various social media aspects. I have an ongoing fundraising page with the Migraine Research Foundation to help find a cure. There has to be something done about all the millions of people who are suffering everyday,myself included.

On June 21st, the Summer Solstice aka usually the longest and brightest day of the summer, the American Migraine Foundation urged everyone to "Show You Care,Wear A Pair!" It was Migraine Solidarity Day. Migraineurs,friends and family all grabbed a pair of shades and wore them all day. The point was to wear them in places that usually shades aren't, for example, the grocery store. Sometimes if I have to go to a store and have a splitting migraine, I wear my shades inside. Photophobia, aka light sensitivity, is a killer for me.

June 29th is quickly approaching and it is Chronic Migraine Awareness Day. The entire month is dedicated to people who suffer from headaches and migraines alike but this particular day is specifically for people like me who suffer chronically.

It's crazy how my headaches and migraines have been so bad this month and its awareness month. I can say that I have truly brought a different type of awareness to the table...Self Awareness. I have experienced some bad attacks and yet still managed to keep my smile! 😄 So as this month is coming to a close and the time for educating others will be over, let's continue to educate ourselves to be more self aware. Listen to your body,learn your triggers and commit to self care and self love. #SelfCareIsntSelfish

Comments

Popular Posts